The Children’s Healthcare Network Paediatric Clinical Nurse Consultants identified a need for standardised paediatric risk/nursing assessment charts for acute paediatric in-patient units to:
- meet the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards
- reduce unwarranted clinical variation in the care of children across NSW
- meet the clinical needs common to acute paediatric wards
- avoid duplication and reduce the number of assessment charts
- include mandated tools (e.g. falls, pressure injury, nutrition).