Applications close 19 January 2018.
What is the program?
If you are currently studying nursing or midwifery at university a NSW Health Aboriginal cadetship may be for you.
What does the cadetship offer?
- study allowance of $600 per fortnight whilst undertaking study
- a $500 per semester book allowance
- up to 12 weeks paid employment in your local public hospital or Justice Health facility
- support from an Aboriginal mentor, cadet coordinator and additional clinical support
- ongoing employment upon successful completion of your studies and the program.
Am I eligible to apply?
- are you an Aboriginal person who is currently studying nursing or midwifery at university and
- do you reside in New South Wales.
If you answered 'yes' to these, you can apply for support and assistance under the NSW Aboriginal Nursing and Midwifery Cadetship Program.
How to apply?
If you would like to apply for a cadetship you will need to submit:
- an Indigenous Cadetship Application Form
- a covering letter describing the following:
- why you want to pursue a career in nursing or midwifery
- why it is important to have Aboriginal people working as nurses within the NSW Health public system
- at which facility you would like to complete your cadetship
- a statement of your Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage and the Aboriginal organisations you are a member of.
- your resume
- confirmation of Aboriginality stating that you:
evidence of your full-time enrolment in a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery
a copy of results (if any) from 2017.
- are of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and
- are accepted as such in the community where you live.
How to supply your documents
Applications can be submitted via email or Australia Post. If applying via mail, it is strongly recommended that you send your supporting documentation by Express Post so that it can be tracked.
Please mail your completed documents to:
NSW Aboriginal Nursing and Midwifery Strategy
Nursing and Midwifery Office
NSW Ministry of Health
Locked Mail Bag 961
North Sydney NSW 2059
Or alternatively, please email your completed documents to email@example.com
If you are interested in a Cadetship, for further information please contact:
The Aboriginal Nursing & Midwifery Strategy on:
Phone: 1800 155 325