Scholarships up to $1,000 are available to Aboriginal enrolled nurses who undertake post-enrolment studies relating to their nursing role.
Am I eligible to apply?
- Are you an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person?
- Are you currently enrolled with the Nurses and Midwives Board of Australia as an enrolled nurse?
- Are you living in NSW or the ACT?
- Are you undertaking post-enrolment studies relating to your nursing role?
- Is the course you will undertake accredited by the Vocational Education and Training Accreditation Board (VETAB)?
- Are you willing to participate in an evaluation or telephone survey about the NSW Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Fund?
If you answered 'yes' to the above questions, you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The following documents need to be sent in support of your application:
- A copy of your Confirmation of Aboriginality. (For more information please refer to the frequently asked questions.)
- A copy of confirmation of your enrolment in an accredited VETAB post-enrolment course.
- A copy of your Enrolled Nurse 'Authority to Practice'.
- A completed 'Statement by a supplier' form.
- This is an Australian Taxation Office form. By completing this form the Health Education and Training Institute is not obliged to deduct tax from your scholarship.
- If you do not have an Australian Business Number (ABN), you will need to complete this form.
- Print your name and address in 'Section A: Supplier details'.
- In Section A, question 3, cross the most appropriate box (one only and it is usually the last box). Please note, the Health Education and Training Institute is unable to advise which box to select as it relates to your personal circumstances.
- In 'Section B: Declaration', sign where it says 'Signature of supplier (or authorised person)'. Unsigned and/or incomplete forms will not be processed and your application will be deemed to be unsuccessful.
- A sample of a completed form is available.
- A completed Aboriginal Scholarship Application Form.
- For continuing students who have previously received a NSW Aboriginal Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship, please send in a copy of your official results from the previous semester.
Frequently asked questions
For more information, see Frequently Asked Questions.