The Office for Health and Medical Research has developed a framework to support early phase clinical trials across NSW. The Early Phase Clinical Trials Framework for NSW aims to achieve the vision of NSW as a centre of excellence that provides a high quality and efficient environment to conduct early phase clinical trials, with the ultimate aim of improving health outcomes for NSW residents.
The guiding principles that underpin this framework are:
- ensuring that early phase trials are as safe as possible for all people in NSW participating in them
- supporting and enabling opportunities for residents and the research community across the state to engage in national and international early phase trials
- reducing the administrative burden in the approval and conduct of early phase trials
- ensuring alignment with best practice internationally and nationally
- strengthening the capability in NSW to become a centre of excellence for early phase trials.
Implementation of the Framework will begin in the second half of 2017. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org