The Office for Health and Medical Research (OHMR) is offering support for health and medical research conferences, forums, workshops, award dinners, sponsorships, and funding for elite speakers from overseas, for events to be held in New South Wales. It is not designed to support projects or research.
Successful applicants will be awarded funding of up to $20,000 each, depending on the overall quantity and quality of grant applications received in this round. The total funding pool in this round is $100,000.
The NSW Health and Medical Research Sponsorship Program is a highly competitive merit based program. Individual feedback will not be given on applications.
Information for applicants
- Sponsorship grants up to $20,000 will be available for conferences and events to be held in Financial Year 2017/2018
- The conference and or event must take place in NSW
- Applicant must be a registered NSW organisation. This includes:
- Non-profit organisations incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001(Cth) as applied in NSW
- NSW Non-Government Organisations
- Professional and peak bodies
- Independent Medical Research Organisations
NSW Health and Medical Research Sponsorship Program applications will be reviewed internally by the Office for Health and Medical Research against the assessment criteria and approved by the Executive Director of the Office for Health and Medical Research.
Applications will be ranked and preference given according to the criteria outlined below. The application form seeks responses to these criteria:
- Demonstrate that the conference and or event promotes and supports health and medical research in NSW
- The purpose of the conference and or event, including the need for the conference: It’s relevance and impact on building research capacity and capability in NSW
- The benefits to the NSW community and NSW economy including research, scale, number of attendees
- State, national and international reach of the conference in terms of number and spread of delegates and influence that the conference may have
- The necessity for funding through a total budget breakdown including the other sources of sponsorship and details of how any OHMR funding would be leveraged
- How it relates and supports state priorities in health and medical research
- Applications that include collaboration between organisations and groups will be prioritised
- How information resulting from the conference will be disseminated or can be utilised by NSW Health
NSW Health sponsorship must be acknowledged in all publicity and in the program for the meeting and any proceedings or publications resulting from the meeting.
Copies of proceedings or publications resulting from the meeting must be provided to NSW Health.
Key dates and how to submit
Applications open: 31 July 2017
Applications close: 21 August 2017, 5pm
Email completed application forms to email@example.com.
NSW Health and Medical Research Sponsorship Program Application Form
Office for Health and Medical Research
Phone: (02) 93919733