The Office for Health and Medical Research (OHMR), NSW Health Pathology (NSWHP), the Cancer Institute NSW (CINSW) and the NSW Cancer Biobanking Stakeholder Network (BSN) conducted a survey of organisations regarding their biobank infrastructure. A total of 44 biobanks responded to the survey providing information that will assist in the development of a state-wide approach to biobanking.
The Registry contains information* provided by participating biobanks, including:
- Classification of biobank types and collection focus
- Sample types and numbers currently stored
- Data types and numbers currently provided
- Biobank contact names, details and websites (if available)
* Information as at December 2017.
To make further enquiries, please contact the biobank directly. For contact details please see Biobank Type - Cancer, Biobank Type - Other Diseases, Biobank Type - Population and Biobank Type - Hybrid.
To obtain further details, see NSW Biobanks Data and Samples Stored.
NOTE: If you wish to have your biobank on this website, or for participating biobanks if you would like to update your details, please contact the Office via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Rose Sapuppo, Assistant Policy Officer on 02 9391 9603 for assistance.
The following abbreviations are used in this Registry:
- APA - Access to large pathology archive
- AS - Ascites
- BB&S - Brain blocks and slices
- BL - Baseline data only
- BM - Bone marrow (whole tissue)
- BMMNC - Bone marrow mononuclear cells
- BP - Blood pellets
- BDNA - Blood deoxyribonucleic acid
- CL - Cell lines
- CLA - Cell line ampoules
- CSF - Cerebrospinal fluid
- DIT - Digital image of tissue sections
- FFPE - Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded
- PB - Paraffin blocks
- PBMC - Peripheral blood mononuclear cell
- PL - Pleural fluid
- PS - Paraffin sections
- RNA - Ribonucleic acid
- T&C - Tissue and cell
- TDNA - Tissue deoxyribonucleic acid
- TRNA - Tissue ribonucleic acid
- NR - No response to survey question
- Y - Sample stored but numbers not provided