An independent inquiry is being conducted into the oversight of the quality of care and safety of patients treated by Dr Emil Gayed in NSW public hospitals.
Dr Gayed previously worked at:
- Grafton Base Hospital - Northern NSW Local Health District
- Kempsey District Hospital – Mid North Coast Local Health District
- Cooma Hospital – Southern NSW Local Health District
- Manning Base Hospital – Hunter New England Local Health District
- Mona Vale Hospital – Northern Sydney Local Health District.
The Secretary of NSW Health under Section 122 of the Health Services Act has appointed Gail Furness SC to conduct the inquiry. Ms Furness will be assisted in the inquiry by Dr Greg Jenkins, a specialist obstetrician and gynecologist.
The inquiry will report to the Secretary, NSW Health by 30 September, 2018.
If you have any concerns about treatment you have received from Dr Gayed, please call:
- Grafton Base Hospital: 1800 108 078
- Cooma Hospital: 0428 420 901
- Kempsey District Hospital: 1800 726 997
- Manning Base Hospital: (02) 6592 9111
- Mona Vale Hospital: 1800 841 688
Any person who wishes to make a submission to the inquiry may do so by email to email@example.com.
Separately the NSW Medical Council has appointed
Ms Furness to undertake a review of the management of complaints about Dr Gayed by the Council.