On this page
- Aim of the clinical community of practice
- Clinical leads
- This community of practice scope is not
- Frequency of the community of practice
- Guidelines and resources
Aim of the clinical community of practice
The Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI) Cardiac Network will provide an opportunity for sharing of ideas, strategies, local solutions and concerns with respect to COVID-19 pandemic preparedness.
The community of practice will be multidisciplinary and include representation from all districts and networks. It will enable clinicians and clinical managers in cardiology from all districts to provide expert advice and guidance to the system, and to escalate matters that require a statewide or system response.
The aim of these sessions is to:
- support clinicians to network and share strategies, local solutions and issues with respect to pandemic preparedness for cardiac care
- identify, prioritise and escalate issues related to COVID-19 which are actually or potentially affecting clinicians providing cardiac care that require a statewide or system response
- review and provide expert clinical advice on guidelines, resources and other information
- share Ministry approved advice and resources on the response to COVID-19 that can be circulated within all districts and networks.
Information about Virtual care for cardiac rehabilitation is available on the ACI website.
- Executive sponsor:
Dr Nigel Lyons, Deputy Secretary, Health System Strategy and Planning
- Clinical leads:
- Professor David Brieger, Head of Coronary Care, Concord Hospital, Sydney Local Health District
- Jackie Colgan, Cardiology CNC, Central Coast Local Health District
- Community of practice secretariat: Bridie Carr, Cardiac Network Manager, ACI
- Key stakeholders: local health district clinicians and managers.
The ACI Cardiac Network will escalate issues raised by the community of practice to Strategic Reform and Planning. Key information will be collected and distributed through MOH-COVID19-ClinicalAdvice@health.nsw.gov.au, which will be monitored by Strategic Reform and Planning.
Collated issues/advice will be escalated by Dr Lyons through to the Public Health Emergency Operations Centre (PHEOC) and/or the State Health Emergency Operations Centre (SHEOC) as appropriate.
PHEOC and SHEOC responses will be provided to Strategic Reform and Planning and then to the community of practice secretariat(s).
Weekly community of practice updates will be provided to NSW Health Chief Executives.
Each community of practice will have a clinical lead appointed by Dr Nigel Lyons, Deputy Secretary, Health System Strategy and Resources.
The clinical lead will:
- assist with the facilitation of the community of practice
- work with clinical peers in the districts and networks to share ideas and develop appropriate response strategies
- provide expert advice and guidance to the system and Ministry as required
- escalate relevant matters to the Ministry that require a statewide or system response
- provide expert advice to respond to media enquiries.
This community of practice scope is not
A group which is able to endorse statewide changes or make decisions that impacts a unit or system or allocate funding to recommendations.
This community of practice is open to all ACI Cardiac Network members. As a minimum it will include representation from all districts and networks. However, membership may be extended more broadly to include all interested NSW Health staff as well as professional colleges, private providers/clinicians and other non-government organisations as appropriate to the clinical speciality.
To join the community of practice participants should email ACI-Cardiac@health.nsw.gov.au
Frequency of the community of practice
Fortnightly basis on a Friday at 2pm. Meetings commenced 15 May 2020 using Skype for business. Skype for business details will be attached to the calendar invite.
Guidelines and resources