On this page
- Aim of the clinical community of practice
- Clinical leads
- This community of practice scope is not
- Frequency of the community of practice
- Guidelines and resources
Aim of the clinical community of practice
The NSW Rehabilitation Community of Practice will provide an opportunity for sharing of ideas, strategies, local solutions and concerns with respect to COVID-19 pandemic preparedness.
The community of practice will be multidisciplinary and include representation from all districts and networks. It will enable clinicians and clinical managers in rehabilitation services from all districts to provide expert advice and guidance to the system, and to escalate matters that require a statewide or system response.
The aim of these sessions is to:
- support clinicians to network and share strategies, local solutions and issues with respect to pandemic preparedness for rehabilitation
- identify, prioritise and escalate issues related to COVID-19 which are actually or potentially affecting clinicians providing rehabilitation care that require a statewide or system response
- review and provide expert clinical advice on guidelines, resources and other information
- share Ministry approved advice and resources on the response to COVID-19 that can be circulated within all districts and networks.
- Executive sponsor: Dr Nigel Lyons, Deputy Secretary, Health System Strategy and Resources
- Clinical lead: Professor Steven Faux, St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney, Head of Rehabilitation (Sacred Heart)
- Community of practice secretariat: Louise Sellars, ACI Rehabilitation Network Manager – 0409 382 268
- Key stakeholders: Rehabilitation services: medical directors (or delegates), senior nurses, allied health, with a cross representation of acute care and community settings as required.
The NSW Rehabilitation Community of Practice will escalate issues raised by the community of practice to Strategic Reform and Planning. Key information will be collected and distributed through MOH-COVID19-ClinicalAdvice@health.nsw.gov.au, which will be monitored by Strategic Reform and Planning.
Collated issues/advice will be escalated by Dr Lyons through to the Public Health Emergency Operations Centre (PHEOC) and/or the State Health Emergency Operations Centre (SHEOC) as appropriate.
PHEOC and SHEOC responses will be provided to Strategic Reform and Planning and then to the community of practice secretariat(s).
Weekly community of practice Updates will be provided to NSW Health Chief Executives
Each community of practice will have a clinical lead appointed by Dr Nigel Lyons, Deputy Secretary, Health System Strategy and Resources.
The clinical lead will:
- assist with the facilitation of the community of practice
- work with clinical peers in the districts and networks to share ideas and develop appropriate response strategies
- provide expert advice and guidance to the system and Ministry as required
- escalate relevant matters to the Ministry that require a statewide or system response
- provide expert advice to respond to media enquiries.
This community of practice scope is not
A group which is able to endorse statewide changes or make decisions that impacts a unit or system or allocate funding to recommendations.
This community of practice is open to key personal representing the NSW rehabilitation services. As a minimum it will include representation for all, if not then most LHDs. However, membership may be extended more broadly to include all interested NSW Health staff as well as professional colleges, private providers/clinicians and other non-government organisations as appropriate to the clinical speciality.
To join the community of practice participants should email: Louise Sellars, Rehabilitation Network Manager – email@example.com.
Frequency of the community of practice
Last Wednesday of each month 3-4pm. Skype for business details will be attached to the calendar invite.
Guidelines and resources