The NSW Pain Management Report outlines the recommendations of the NSW Pain Management Taskforce.
The Taskforce recommendations were to develop and support a state-wide system of pain management services by:
- focussing on integrating multidisciplinary care across primary, secondary and tertiary services;
- providing education, training and workforce development for health professionals in all disciplines;
- undertaking research and evaluation;
- developing community-wide strategies to reduce the stigma of chronic pain; and
- enhancing access to early intervention services.
The Report has several Appendices: