As the impact of a major incident, such as bushfire, flood or other severe weather continues to become evident, so may the persistent feelings of isolation, distress, anxiety and, in some cases, depression. If you think you or someone you know needs assistance to cope with these or any other symptoms you should contact your regular GP or local Mental Health Service.

Other useful contacts for assistance and advice include:

  • State Mental Health Telephone Access Line – 1800 011 511, press ‘Option 1’ to be transferred to your nearest Community Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Service
  • Lifeline – 13 11 14, confidential telephone counselling
  • MensLine Australia – 1300 789 978, confidential telephone counselling for men
  • Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800, telephone counselling
  • beyondblue - 1200 22 4636, information and referral line
These services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Current as at: Friday 3 January 2020
Contact page owner: NSW Ministry of Health