Working With Children Check

Refer to page 5 of the 2019 Transition to Professional Practice Handbook.

You must provide a NSW Working With Children Check (WWCC). If you live interstate you may apply online via the ​Office of the Children's Guardian. You will receive an application number and your clearance certificate will be forwarded to you. You should record this number in your 2019 Transition to Professional Practice (TPP) online application and present your WWCC clearance certificate at interview.

If you do not receive your NSW WWCC prior to TPP closing, please enter your WWCC application number when applying and provide your NSW WWCC on or before your interview.

Facility choices and preferences

A full list of local health districts and service networks (LHD/SN's) is available. You are invited to research which district you would prefer to work and contact them directly.

Enrolled nurses 

NSW Health does not currently sponsor a state wide transition program for enrolled nurses. Some LHD/SN's may provide employment opportunities for new graduate enrolled nurses from time to time. You are invited to research which district you would prefer to work and contact them directly.

Inability to complete studies

If you are unable to complete your studies you must withdraw your application from the TPP program by contacting the district where you have been offered an interview and by emailing immediatly. You will need to provide your full name, date of birth and TPP application number in all communications. You will be withdrawn from any further TPP process if you do not advise of your need to withdraw.

Applying for employment with employers other than NSW Health

The NSW Health TPP program is a NSW Government program. All graduates are encouraged to research and apply for employment with the many other organisations who provide health care, including private hospitals, aged care facilities and non-government organisations.

Page Updated: Monday 16 July 2018
Contact page owner: Nursing and Midwifery