Scholarships up to $1,000 are available to Aboriginal enrolled nurses who undertake post-enrolment studies relating to their nursing role.
Am I eligible to apply?
- Are you an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person?
- Are you currently enrolled with the Nurses and Midwives Board of Australia as an enrolled nurse?
- Are you living in NSW?
- Are you undertaking post-enrolment studies relating to your nursing role?
- Is the course you will undertake accredited by the Vocational Education and Training Accreditation Board (VETAB)?
- Are you willing to participate in an evaluation or telephone survey about the NSW Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Fund?
If you answered 'yes' to the above questions, you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The following documents need to be sent in support of your application:
- A copy of your Confirmation of Aboriginality. (For more information please refer to the frequently asked questions)
- A copy of the confirmation of your enrolment in an accredited VETAB post-enrolment course
- A copy of your current registration details
- A completed Aboriginal Scholarship Application Form
- For continuing students who have previously received a NSW Aboriginal Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship, please send in a copy of your official results from the previous semester
Frequently asked questions
For more information see Frequently Asked Questions.