​Import of cannabis medicines

A company located in NSW may import unregistered cannabis medicines if licensed to supply by wholesale under the Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Regulation 2008 (NSW), and if compliant with Commonwealth law including the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989, Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulation 1956, and/or the Narcotic Drugs Act 1967. Compliance to conditions of any licence is mandatory.
An authorised prescriber or pharmacist may also import cannabis medicines where the supply is authorised under the Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Act 1966 and approved or exempted by the Commonwealth to access unregistered cannabis medicines.
For further information on Commonwealth requirements, visit the websites for the Therapeutic Goods Administration and The Office of Drug Control.
Current as at: Tuesday 8 November 2022
Contact page owner: Pharmaceutical Services