Vulnerable patients and their carers now have improved access to public hospital car parking
NSW Health recognises the burden that regular or long term hospitalisation or treatment places on patients and their carers. Concession rates are now available for eligible patients and their carers in all public hospital car parks in NSW where fees apply.
Public hospitals where car parking is provided at no cost will not be affected unless the site is subject to future car park development.
Patients and carers eligible to obtain concession rates when parked in public hospital car parks include:
- holders of a RMS issued Mobility Parking Scheme permit
- holders of a Pensioner Concession Card
- holders of a Gold Veterans Affairs Card
- holders of a Health Care Card
- ongoing cancer treatment patients
- patients and their carers who are required to attend the hospital/facility for a course of treatment over a period of time greater than one week
- patients and their carers attending more frequently than twice weekly, including carers of long term patients who visit frequently
- cardiac rehabilitation education and exercise class attendees
- daily dressing outpatients
- health promotion education class attendees.
Patients and carers who are experiencing financial hardship but do not meet the eligibility categories are also entitled to concessional car parking.
For further information on concessional parking, hospital car park locations, opening times, prices and directions, visit NSW hospital parking or download the NSW Health hospital parking and directions app on Google play or iTunes.
For more information on eligibility, see the fact sheet Concessional car parking fees at NSW public hospitals.