The purpose of this record linkage study was to assess the quality and coverage of reporting to the NSW Register of Congenital Conditions (RoCC) compared to admitted patient records. The aims of
the the study were to:
- determine the number and type of confirmed congenital
conditions reported to the Admitted Patient Data Collection (APD) and not to
the Register for Congenital Conditions (RoCC) for 2009
- assess the contribution of APD review in supplementing
- determine the sensitivity of the RoCC in detecting
cases using the total count of cases reported on the APD and validated by
medical record review plus cases reported to the RoCC as the gold standard.
- assess the reliability of coding of congenital
conditions on the APD
- assess the efficiency of the linkage and review process.
Date of Publication:
10 August 2016
Page Updated: Wednesday 10 August 2016