The youth friendly general practice video informs young people about the breadth of the GP role, the confidentiality of the services that GPs provide, and encourages young people to access GPs.
The video is a resource for schools, in particular as part of the PDHPE program. Teacher notes are available to accompany the video resource and make it easy for teachers to use.
In the youth friendly general practice resource, we see a narrator Amy, who asks questions about accessing a general practice and follows a young person who consults a GP to find out about how general practice works. Amy explains:
- that young people can ask a GP any questions relating to health and wellbeing
- that young people can choose their own GP and find a youth friendly one
- using the Medicare card and paying for GP services
- that young people are entitled to confidential health care, with certain exceptions
- that young people can make choices about their health care.
Visit ReachOut.com: Visiting a GP
Visit ReachOut.com Professionals: