NSW Health has been advised of new venues of concern in Sydney's eastern suburbs and CBD visited by a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Urgent investigations are continuing into how a man in his 50s, who resides in Sydney's eastern suburbs, was infected. It is understood the case has not travelled overseas in recent times and he does not work in a hotel quarantine, border or health role.
Contact tracing is underway and genome sequencing results are expected in the next 24 hours. One of the man's two immediate family members has returned a negative result, and results are pending for his other family member.
The man was tested yesterday (Tuesday 4 May) and returned a positive result today (Wednesday 5 May). This case will be included in tomorrow's numbers.
Anyone who attended any of the following newly identified venues at the times specified is asked to immediately get tested and isolate until NSW Health provides further advice. This applies to everyone, including those who have been partially or fully vaccinated.
|Sydney||District Brasserie||2 Chifley Square, Sydney|
Friday 30 April
11am – 11:45am
|Sydney||HineSight Optometrist; Sofitel Sydney Wentworth||P2/61-101 Phillip St, Sydney|
Friday 30 April
12pm – 1pm
|Paddington||Barbetta||2 Elizabeth St, Paddington|
Friday 30 April
1:30pm – 2:30pm
These venues are in addition to those announced earlier today, with the full list of venues of concern available on the
NSW Government website. People are urged to check the NSW Health website regularly for updates.
NSW Health is providing a new COVID-19 pop-up testing clinic and extended hours at existing clinics, including drive-throughs, to support increased testing in Sydney's east and inner city.
From 4pm today, a new pop-up clinic has been established at Albion Street Centre Laverty Pathology, at the Crown Street entrance to the Albion Centre at 50 Albion Street in Surry Hills. It will be open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, with weekend hours of operation to be advised.
Existing clinics are also offering extended hours as follows and effective immediately:
- Prince of Wales Hospital (Building 14B, Ground Floor, Avoca Street, Randwick) is open 8am to 10pm, seven days a week.
- St Vincent's Hospital (East Sydney Community Arts Centre at 34 Burton Street, Darlinghurst), is open 8am to 10pm on weekdays and 8am to 4pm on weekends.
- Bondi Beach drive-through clinic (entry on corner of Campbell Parade and Beach Road) is open 8am to 10pm on weekdays and 8am to 4pm on weekends.
- Bondi Junction Laverty Pathology drive-through clinic (Level 2 car park at 38 Waverley Street, Bondi Junction) is open 8am to 10pm weekdays and 8am to 6pm on weekends.
- Rose Bay Laverty Pathology drive-through clinic (Lyne Park, Vickery Avenue car park, Rose Bay) is open 8am to 10pm on weekdays and 8am to 6pm on weekends.
NSW Health urges everyone in NSW with even the mildest symptoms, such as headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat or runny nose, to come forward immediately for testing, then isolate until they receive a negative result.
There are more than 300 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW, many of which are open seven days a week. To find your nearest
clinic or contact your GP.