The NSW Government will invest $197 million on drug and alcohol services including prevention and harm reduction programs across NSW.
Key initiatives in the 2016-17 Budget include:
- $15 million to provide specialist medical and nursing services throughout pregnancy and post-delivery including ongoing support.
- $14.5 million to increase access to assertive community-based support, and aftercare for people leaving the Involuntary Drug and Alcohol Treatment program
- $12 million to enhance NGO and Local Health District partnerships to develop new models of care for community treatment and aftercare
- $8 million to increase residential rehabilitation for women and parents with dependant children
- $1.5 million to boost support for families and carers with de-escalation strategies, information on understanding relapse and increased access to parenting programs.