How to get your own Medicare card from the age of 15
The following youth-friendly resources have been developed to explain how young people can get their own Medicare card under different circumstances. These resources will be useful for workers in a range of settings.
- Roadmap (A3 size)
- Fact sheet - topics covered include:
- What a Medicare card is
- Why a Medicare card is needed
- Process of how to apply for a Medicare card
- Using the Medicare card for bulk billing
Set yourself free! Get your own Medicare card from the age of 15
Developed by South Eastern Sydney Local Health District, Yfoundations, and NSW Centre for Advancement of Adolescent Health, this resource is to inform young people aged 15 and over about their options to access healthcare.
The topics covered in the pocket sized resource card (out of print) include:
- how to apply for a Medicare card
- young people's rights when accessing health care services
- bulk billing