The NSW Government is inviting applications from people interested in becoming a member of a Local Health District or Specialty Network Board. Members will be expected to actively contribute to the effective governance of these significant public sector organisations which provide a broad range of health services to the NSW community.
Boards are responsible for overseeing an effective governance and risk management framework for the district or network, setting its strategic directions, ensuring high standards of professional and ethical conduct are maintained, involving providers and the community in decisions that affect them, monitoring the service delivery and financial performance of the district or network against its targets and holding the chief executive accountable for their performance.
Individuals should demonstrate the capacity to represent the interest of consumers of health services and the local community served by a district or the network, and indicate any affiliations with universities, clinical schools or research centres, as well as skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- corporate governance
- health management / health administration
- business / financial management / public administration
- clinical practice / provision of health services to patients
- expertise, knowledge or experience in relation to Aboriginal health
- understanding of local community issues
- understanding of or experience in primary health care.
To apply to be included on the NSW Heath Local Health District and Specialty Network Board Register, which will be used to fill vacancies on Local Health District and Specialty Network Boards during 2021 and 2022, individuals need to complete an expression of interest indicating their skills and experience relevant to the role of a member of a governing board and provide a current curriculum vitae.
An information package, Expression of Interest application form and the advertisement are available from the Information panel on the right.
How to complete and submit your application via email
- Save the EOI application form to your computer.
- Open the form and complete all sections by left-clicking in each highlighted box and entering your details
- Save the completed form to your computer
- Attach the completed form and your CV to an email and send it to
To download an EOI Application form you will require Adobe Reader.
If you want to post your application
You can print the EOI application form, complete it by hand and mail the completed form plus your Curriculum Vitae to:
Attn: EOI Membership NSW Health Boards
Corporate Governance and Risk Management Unit
NSW Ministry of Health
LMB 2030 St Leonards NSW 1590
For enquiries or to request an Expression of Interest form and Information Package to be sent by post, please call 1800 328 998.