This guidance material has been developed by the NSW Ministry of Health to assist local health districts and specialty health networks to recruit and support peer workers for the Towards Zero Suicides Alternatives to Emergency Departments and Suicide Prevention Outreach Teams initiatives.
This guidance material consists of:
- policy settings for peer workers in Towards Zero Suicides
- recruitment of peer worker positions
- recommended training and education for peer workers and staff managing them
- recommended professional development and support for peer workers
- sample interview questions for peer workers
- sample position descriptions for peer workers.