As at 8pm today, an additional six cases of COVID-19 have been diagnosed since our last update at 7am today, March 10, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in NSW to 61.
|Cases under investigation
|Cases tested and excluded
These figures refer to people who are in NSW and have been investigated for or have been diagnosed with novel coronavirus (COVID -19).
The new cases include:
- a woman in her 50s who recently arrived from the USA
- a male in his 60s who has recently arrived from Switzerland
- a male in his 50s who recently arrived from the USA who is unrelated to the other USA case
- a woman in her 60s who recently arrived from Italy and is linked to a previous close contact
- a woman in her 30s who is related to a deceased resident from Dorothy Henderson Lodge Aged Care Facility
- one case, of a woman in her 40’s, remains under investigation.
One previously confirmed COVID-19 case was found to have attended St Leonards TAFE on two days while potentially infectious.
Although it has been more than 14 days since the last day of attendance by the confirmed case, NSW Health has been contacting all other students and teachers in these classes, with the assistance of TAFE NSW.
We have contacted 20 of the 21 contacts and all report being well with no one having had a respiratory illness. The last student has been contacted via email and phone messages. NSW Public Health officers will be continue to follow up with this last person.
NSW Health is continuing to find and respond to cases as they are diagnosed to slow any spread of COVID-19 in the community.