As at 11am today, an additional 14 cases of COVID-19 have been diagnosed since our last update at 1pm, March 12, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in NSW to 92.
|Cases under investigation
|Cases tested and excluded
*Note: 1 is a resident of Victoria and counted in the national numbers as a Victoria case.
These figures refer to people who are in NSW and have been investigated for or have been diagnosed with novel coronavirus (COVID -19).
The new cases include:
- 79. 37 year old female. Details under investigation
- 80. 25 year old female. Returned traveller from UK via Perth, not infectious on flight
- 81. 41 year old female. Aged care worker, contact of other confirmed cases.
- 82. 56 year old female. Relative and returned co-traveller from Italy of cases 63, 64, 65.
- 83. 30 year old male. Details under investigation
- 84. 38 year old female. Travelled from USA but not infectious on flight
- 85. 47 year old female. Travelled from USA, close contact of 61
- 86. 27 year old male. Travelled from Switzerland via Dubai
- 87. 48 year old female. No overseas travel or contact with a confirmed case.
- 88. 34 year old male. Travel to Philippines with case 89 but not infectious on flight.
- 89. 34 year old female. Travel to Philippines with case 88 but not infectious on flight.
- 90. 50 year old female. Details under investigation
- 91. 24 year old male. Details under investigation
- 92. 44 year old male. Details under investigation
NSW Health have now confirmed the flight details the below infectious case of COVID-19.
Due to the fact this patient was unwell during their journeys, NSW Health is alerting passengers who were close contacts on the following flight to monitor for symptoms, and contact their GP or call healthdirect on 1800 022 222 should they become unwell.
Case 86, a male aged 27 years, arrived on Emirates flight EK414 from Dubai to Sydney on Sunday 8 March, passengers seated in rows 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are considered close contacts. Also travelled from Switzerland to Dubai on Emirates flight EK090. Affected rows 39, 40, 41, 42, 43.