Seven new cases of COVID-19 were diagnosed in the 24 hours to 8pm last night, bringing the total number of cases in NSW to 3,851.
|Confirmed cases (including interstate residents in NSW health care facilities)
|Deaths (in NSW from confirmed cases)
|Total tests carried out
There were 19,626 tests reported in the 24-hour reporting period, compared with 24,632 in the previous 24 hours.
Of the seven new cases to 8pm last night:
- One is a returned traveller who is in hotel quarantine
- Five are linked to a known case or cluster
- One is locally acquired with their source still under investigation
One of the cases today is a student at St Paul’s Catholic College Greystanes who attended school while infectious. The school will be closed on Monday 31 August. Cleaning and contact tracing is underway. We will keep you updated about when the school will reopen.
Five of the new cases are linked to the CBD cluster. One is a household contact of a previous case. Two new cases attended the City Tattersalls Fitness Centre. The total number of cases linked to this cluster is now 28.
Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network (the Network) is taking appropriate health and safety measures after a staff member at Surry Hills Police Cells Complex was diagnosed with COVID-19. Contact tracing has been undertaken and the staff member is isolating.
NSW Health is treating 66 COVID-19 cases, including six in intensive care and three who are ventilated. 86 per cent of cases being treated by NSW Health are in non-acute, out-of-hospital care.
COVID-19 cases have visited the following locations while infectious.
Anyone who attended the following venues are considered casual contacts and must monitor for symptoms and get tested immediately if they develop. After testing you must stay isolated until a negative test result is received.
Monitor for symptoms:
- Mater Clinic Wollstonecraft – 28 August from 8.30am to 9am
- Virgin Active Pitt St Gym, Sydney, - 25 August from 5pm to 6.30pm*
- Virgin Active Margaret St Gym, Sydney – 26 August from 5.10pm to 6.40pm*
- House, Broadway, - 24 August 2pm to 2.10pm
- St Ives Shopping Centre – 26 August from 5.30pm to 6pm
- Highfield Caringbah 22 August from 6:00pm to 8:30pm*
- Caringbah Hotel 22 August from 8:30pm to 11pm*
- Bus 442, Gladstone Park, Darling St, to Gladstone Park, Darling St on 25 August, 9.18am to 9.31am
- Bus 442, QVB, York St, Stand B to Darling St, at Phillip St, Balmain on 25 August 2.39pm to 2.52pm
- Bus: Merrylands Park to Parramatta station, on 27 August, approximately 7:10pm
- Train: Parramatta station to Lidcombe station, on 27 August, approximately 7:10pm
- Train: Lidcombe station to Merrylands station, on 27 August, approximately 7:20pm
- Train: Merrylands station to Parramatta station, 24, 25 and 26 August, approximately 3:40pm
- Train: Parramatta station to Mount Druitt, 24, 25 and 26 August, approximately 3:45pm to 4pm
*If you are contacted by NSW Health and identified as a close contact you must immediately get tested and self-isolate for 14 days.
COVID-19 continues to circulate in the community and we must all be vigilant. It is vital that people get a test as soon as they develop symptoms. People should ensure that they stay at least 1.5m from others and that they wear a mask in situations - especially on public transport - where physical distancing is difficult.
Locations linked to known cases, advice on testing and isolation, and areas identified for increased testing can be found at NSW Government - Latest new and updates.
Anyone identified as a close contact and directed to undertake 14 days self-isolation must stay in isolation for the full 14 days, even if they test negative during this time.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, stay in, get tested and isolate.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask in situations where you cannot physically distance.
A full list of COVID-19 testing clinics is available or people can visit their GP.
Confirmed cases to date
|Locally acquired – contact of a confirmed case and/or in a known cluster
|Locally acquired – contact not identified
Counts reported for a particular day may vary over time with ongoing enhanced surveillance activities.
Returned travellers in hotel quarantine to date
|Symptomatic travellers tested
|Asymptomatic travellers screened at a day 2
|Asymptomatic travellers screened at a day 10