Twelve new cases of COVID-19 were diagnosed in the 24 hours to 8pm last night, bringing the total number of cases in NSW to 3,902.
|Confirmed cases (including interstate residents in NSW health care facilities)
|Deaths (in NSW from confirmed cases)
|Total tests carried out
There 29,607 were tests reported in the 24-hour reporting period, compared with 20,083 in the previous 24 hours.
Of the 12 new cases to 8pm last night:
- Three are locally acquired, including two in a South Western Sydney family and a case in Parkes, with no source identified at this point
- One is linked to a previously reported case in South Eastern Sydney whose source is under investigation
- Three are returned travellers in hotel quarantine
- Five are linked to a known case or cluster, including three that are close contacts of previously reported cases linked to the August CBD cluster. The total linked to this cluster is now 52.
Among today’s new cases is a contact of a previously reported case in a student at St Pauls Catholic College Greystanes and a new case in Girraween Public School, bringing the total linked to the schools to 12. Close contacts are isolating, and the schools have been cleaned and will re-open today. The source of the original infection has not been identified at this point.
NSW Health is treating 86 COVID-19 cases, including six in intensive care, three of whom are being ventilated. Eighty-six per cent of cases being treated by NSW Health are in non-acute, out-of-hospital care.
A case reported yesterday attended a church service at Life in the Spirit Ministry, 13/7 Lyn Parade, Prestons, on Sunday, 30 August from 12.30-2.30pm. Anyone who attended this service is considered a close contact and must be tested for COVID-19 and self-isolate for 14 days (until midnight on 13 September) even if this test is negative.
Anyone who attended the following venues is considered a casual contact of a case and must monitor for symptoms and get tested immediately if they develop. After testing, you must remain in isolation until a negative test result is received:
- Westfield Chatswood on Thursday, 27 August from 1pm-1.50pm
- Gram Café and Pancakes, Chatswood Station on Thursday, 27 August from 11.10am-12.15pm
- Balmain Community Pharmacy, 273 Darling Street, Balmain, on Monday, 31 August from 11am-11.20am
- God’s Power Ministries Heckenberg, 18/7-9 Progress Circuit, Prestons, on Sunday, 30 August from 2.50pm-3.30pm
- Quality Suites Camperdown in the foyer, 108 Parramatta Rd Camperdown on Saturday, 29 August 3.15-4.30pm
- Leaf Café & Co, Lidcombe Shopping Centre on Monday, 31 August from 11.30am-1.30pm
Locations linked to known cases, advice on testing and isolation, and areas identified for increased testing can be found at NSW Government - Latest new and updates.
COVID-19 continues to circulate in the community and we must all be vigilant. To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away- don’t delay.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask on public transport, ride share, taxis, shopping, places of worship and other places where you can’t physically distance.
A full list of COVID-19 testing clinics is available or people can visit their GP.
Confirmed cases to date
|Locally acquired – contact of a confirmed case and/or in a known cluster
|Locally acquired – contact not identified
Counts reported for a particular day may vary over time with ongoing enhanced surveillance activities.
Returned travellers in hotel quarantine to date
|Symptomatic travellers tested
|Asymptomatic travellers screened at day 2
|Asymptomatic travellers screened at day 10