01 June 2021

NSW Health has been advised by the Victoria Department of Health and Human Services that a confirmed case of COVID-19 from Melbourne was in Jervis Bay, Goulburn, Hyams Beach and Vincentia while potentially infectious on 23 and 24 May.

The person, who reported the onset of symptoms on 25 May and was tested yesterday, drove back to Melbourne on 24 May. Victoria’s stay-at-home measures took effect on 27 May.

The case visited a number of venues in Jervis Bay, Goulburn, Hyams Beach and Vincentia while potentially infectious.

If you were at any of the following venues of concern at the times listed, please immediately call NSW Health on 1800 943 553, get tested and isolate until you receive further information from NSW Health:

SuburbVenueAddressDate and time
Goulburn Shell Coles Express Big Merino 1/3 Sowerby Street Monday 24 May
GoulburnTrapper's Bakery4 Sowerby StreetMonday 24 May
Hyams BeachCooked Goose Cafe (formerly Hyams Beach Cafe)76 Cyrus StreetSunday 23 May
Jervis BayGreen Patch campground, Booderee National ParkVillage Bay RoadSunday 23 May
all day
Monday 24 May
until 9am
VincentiaColes, Vincentia Shopping Village)21 The Wool RoadSunday 23 May

NSW Health is continuing to investigate the movements of this case in and around Jervis Bay, and the list of venues is likely to be updated.

NSW Health is in the process of increasing testing capacity in the area, including a drivethrough pop-up COVID-19 testing clinic in Huskisson. Further information will be made available in the morning.

Anyone who lives in Jervis Bay, or has visited Jervis Bay since 22 May, is asked to be especially vigilant for the onset of even the mildest of cold-like symptoms, and is urged to come forward for testing immediately if they appear, then isolate until a negative result is received. Additionally, anyone who has recently had symptoms should also get tested.

There are more than 300 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW, many of which are open seven days a week. To find your nearest testing clinic visit COVID-19 clinics or contact your GP.