Thursday 19 - Friday 20 March 2020
The NSW Health TB Conference will be held in March to coincide with World TB Day 2020. The conference will offer an exciting mix of talks and discussions, covering diagnostic testing, treatment, public health aspects of TB and the latest research being done in Australia and the region.
We are delighted to invite doctors, nurses, pharmacists, public health, laboratory and other staff with an interest in TB in Australia and New Zealand to this conference.
Attendees are invited to submit abstracts for oral presentations and posters. Guidelines for abstract submission are available on the abstract submission website.
Day one – Thursday 19 March 2020
- Drug resistant TB treatment and complexities:
- Phenotypic and genomic drug susceptibility testing
- New drugs and regimens
- Active TB drug-safety monitoring and management:
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Side effects for new treatment regimens
- TB-HIV Co-infection:
- Issues/challenges managing co-infection
- Immune Reconstitution Inflammatory Syndrome
- TB and HIV drug interactions
Day two – Friday 20 March 2020
Public health and research perspectives
- TB and migration:
- Immigration trends
- Migrant screening
- TB transmission in Australia:
- Contact screening
- Cluster analysis by whole genome sequencing
- Cluster investigations
- Latent TB infection:
- Culturally appropriate screening
- New preventive therapy regimens
- Update on current TB research
The conference will be held at the Aerial Function Centre Level 7, Building 10 University of Technology Sydney (UTS) 235 Jones Street Ultimo.
The closest station is Central Station.
Interpark manage a car park that is located underneath Building 10 at UTS
Opening times are 6:30am to 10pm Monday to Friday
Rates are 0-1 hour $14.00, 1-2 hours $20.00, 2+ hours $27.00, maximum daily rate $27.00
For more information, please contact the NSW TB Program:
Phone: (02) 9391 9195