Important numbers

  • For medical advice contact your doctor or the 24-hour healthdirect helpline on 1800 022 222.
  • For medical emergencies call Triple Zero 000 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department if it is safe to do so.
  • For 24-hour mental health support contact Lifeline on 13 11 14, Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or 13YARN, run by Aboriginal people, on 13 92 76.
  • For specialist mental health services call the NSW Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511. A mental health professional will answer your call about mental health concerns for you or someone you are concerned about, including children, teens, adults and older people.
  • For bushfire information call the Rural Fire Service on 1800 NSW RFS (1800 679 737).
  • For an interpreter, contact the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) National on 131 450. This service is free and confidential.

​​​​​If you have to leave home without your prescriptions or medications, or they are lost, contact your doctor.​

Your doctor can send your prescription to a pharmacist near you.

If you have completed a shared health summary and a pharmacist share​d medicines list, these can help health professionals manage your health in an emergency.​

During and after a bushfire a local pharmacy can provide you with an emergency supply of some medicines without a prescription if you cannot contact your doctor.

Follow the advice of local emergency services about how to safely access health services during a bushfire.

Current as at: Friday 27 October 2023
Contact page owner: Environmental Health