Recognising that patients are partners in their health care, this award aims to acknowledge projects/programs which promote collaboration between the patient and the health care team to improve health. This category should be able to demonstrate innovation in:
- empowering patients to take control of their health and be supported in managing their own health conditions
- shared decision making; the patient is an expert in their own values and needs
- clinicians planning and delivering care in partnership with the patient
- enhancing access to patient centred care for people living with chronic illness
- promotion of CORE values in all patient interaction
- engaging consumers in strategic planning and governance processes.