Health Education and Training Institute
The Health Education and Training Institute (HETI) is part of NSW Health. HETI works closely with Local Health Districts, Specialty Health Networks and other health partners to identify emerging workforce needs and support a highly skilled and capable workforce to deliver improved health outcomes for patients. A range of Paediatric courses have been developed through collaborations with HETI and subject matter experts.
- the Paediatric Emergency Clinical Practice Guidelines online training program
- Skills in Pediatrics (SkiP)
HETI is the leading provider of training and education to support clinical and non-clinical staff, trainers, managers and leaders across the NSW health system.
HETI works to support the NSW Health workforce through:
- eLearning modules delivered through My Health Learning on topics such as Violence Prevention, Refugee Health to Clinical Care of People Who May Be Suicidal
Workshops on managing health resources and people management to intensive programs designed to develop NSW Health’s future leaders
Scholarships, grants in areas of need and to enable participation in educational opportunities
Managing Junior Medical Officer internships on behalf of the State as well as clinical placements through Clinconnect
State-wide programs that support medical professionals in rural and remote NSW
Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma and Masters level courses in Mental Health.
Other education resources
- Kids Simulation Australia (KSA) forms part of the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network education Services. KSA champions safe, immersive experiences that ensure children receive high quality healthcare.
- The Sydney Clinical Skills Simulation Centre (SCSSC) is a purpose-designed adult and paediatric training and research facility located in the Kolling Institute research building on the Royal North Shore Hospital campus.
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) aims to improve the early management of acutely ill and injured children in Australia through training and education of health care professionals.
- Australian College of Critical Care Nurses (ACCN) provides and supports education initiatives, and research that maintain standards of practice, improve the knowledge, skills and competency of critical care nurses.
- Australian College of Nursing (ACN)
- Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) provides training for emergency physicians and supports advancement of professional standards in emergency medicine in Australia and New Zealand