The Paediatric Healthcare Team (the Team) supports the delivery of ‘the right care, in the right place, at the right time’ as close to home as possible. It achieves this through developing strategy, policy and programs in the NSW public health system.
The Team members are the:
- Senior Policy Officer
- Policy Officer
The Team sits in the Health and Social Policy Branch at the NSW Ministry of Health and works in collaboration with:
- other teams within the Ministry of Health, including Maternity, Aboriginal Maternal and Infant Health, Child and Family Health, Youth Health and Wellbeing, Nursing and Midwifery Office, Prevention and Response to Violence Abuse and Neglect Unit, Strategic Reform and Planning, Office of the Chief Health Officer, Centre for Population Health, and the Mental Health Branch
- NSW Health Pillars, including Agency for Clinical Innovation and the Clinical Excellence Commission
- Local health districts, Specialty health networks and Health agencies (including eHealth, HealthShare, NSW Pathology)
- NSW Government organisations including NSW Department of Education, The Department of Communities and Justice, The Office of the State Coroner, and the Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Non-government Organisations including the Association for the Wellbeing of Children in Healthcare (AWCH) and Red Nose.
The Team supports the Charter on the Rights of Children and Young People in Healthcare Services in Australia.
The Why children matter brochure explains how the Healthy Safe and Well: A strategic health plan for children, young people and families 2014-24 sets out to improve the health of mothers and babies, children, young people and families and the way healthcare is delivered across NSW.
Contact the Paediatric Team.