NGO AOD perfomance indicator specifications for the AOD-Core 2 Organisation accreditation and clinical governance
21 June 2018
||Group A organisations maintain accreditation by a certified accrediting body against|
NSW Health approved health and/or community service standards for alcohol and other drug treatment services.
Group A organisations are those organisations funded to provide:
Group B organisations establish and maintain a system of clinical governance which ensures clinical leadership and accountability, registration of staff qualifications, and pathways for clinicians to maintain expertise through supervision, training and support. Group B organisations are those organisations funded to provide:
- counselling, case management, continuing care and other support services at an amount greater than $200,000 per annum or where the funded service is part of a larger organisation, and/or
- residential rehabilitation treatment, and/or
- withdrawal management, and/or
- day rehabilitation programs.
- counselling, case management, continuing care and other support services at an amount equal to or less than $200,000 per annum, and
- where the funded service is part of a small organisation.
||Organisations, inclusive of the funded service, establish and demonstrate processes
for corporate governance, operations and/or clinical governance, and apply
continuous quality improvement. |
|Data and evidence
Group A organisations
- Current and valid organisation accreditation certificate against NSW Health approved health and community service standards for alcohol and other drug treatment services or
- Where the organisation does not hold accreditation against NSW Health approved health and community service standards for alcohol and other drug treatment services, the organisation is to demonstrate
- a contract with a certified accrediting body within six months of the funding contract commencement, and
- an accreditation schedule to achieve organisation accreditation against NSW Health approved health and/or community service standards for alcohol and other drug treatment services within 24 months of funding contract commencement or amendment.
Group B organisations: Documented clinical governance policy and processes
||Commencing 2019, organisations to report six (6) monthly no later than the 21st day
of the month following the six month period of collection.|
||All non-government organisations funded by NSW Health for the delivery of alcohol
and other drug treatment services. |
||Alcohol and other drug services funded by NSW Health other than treatment
services, including those that are primarily educational or preventative. |
|Related NSW Health
policies and guidelines
||NSW Health Approved Organisation Accreditation Standards for NGOs Funded by
NSW Health to Provide AOD Treatment Services – April 2018 |
Page Updated: Thursday 21 June 2018