Fast Starts is a physical activity resource developed as a joint initiative between the NSW Department of Education and NSW Health.
A Fast Start activity provides an opportunity to:
- engage in moderate to vigorous physical activity (huff 'n' puff) with minimal rules within 2 minutes
- explore and practise movement skills (fundamental and specialised movement skills and concepts, tactical and creative movement, health and fitness enhancing movement)
- reinforce an inclusive learning environment that supports positive interactions and ongoing collaboration
- become familiar with equipment and space
- use age and stage appropriate language and concepts that act as a hook to engage students
- make planning adjustments based on observations of the physical preparedness of students and the group dynamic.
- Early Stage 1 upwards
- Stage 1 upwards
- Stage 2 upwards
Early Stage 1 upwards
Stage 1 upwards
Stage 2 upwards