Live Life Well @ School is a collaborative initiative between NSW Ministry of Health and the school sectors in NSW. The NSW Department of Education, the Association of Independent Schools of NSW and the Catholic Schools NSW all support schools to engage with Live Life Well @ School, through a variety of resources and professional learning opportunities. Live Life Well @ School is supported in NSW primary schools to promote healthy eating and physical activity to students. The program aims to:
- get more students, more active, more often
- focus on healthy eating habits.
Live Life Well @ School assists schools to:
- develop whole school strategies that support physical activity and healthy eating
- improve the teaching of nutrition and physical education through a focus on PDHPE programs
- foster community partnerships that promote and support whole of school strategies
- provide opportunities for more students to be more active, more often.
All NSW primary schools are eligible and encouraged to participate.
Local Health Districts provide ongoing support to Live Life Well @ School trained schools via site visits, phone calls and email follow ups. Local Health Districts:
- assist schools to develop an Action Plan
- support schools to develop a whole school approach to nutrition and physical activity
- assist in the development of community focused nutrition and physical activity strategies
- provide schools with information about upcoming community events that promote healthy eating and physical activity
- provide access to teaching resources.