Workforce development policy
Mental health workforce development initiatives in NSW are aligned with several key policy frameworks.
Workforce development training
My Health Learning provides access to online learning resources for health professionals working in NSW Health.
In addition, the NSW Health Mental Health Workforce Development Portal provides a wide range of innovative, recovery-oriented and evidence-informed education and training resources for mental health staff in NSW Health. The activities and resources support organisational capacity and capability planning, as well as individual professional development conversations.
The portal includes
- Perinatal, Child and Youth Mental Health Services
- Adult Mental Health Services
- Older Persons Mental Health Services.
Register to access the portal and material such as:
- Diversity and Whole Person Focus
- Family focused Recover
- Intellectual Disability Mental Health Core Competency Framework
- Working with Aboriginal People - Enhancing Clinical Practice in Mental Health Care.