Practical things to do to prepare for the next influenza pandemic
- Learn more about the possible impacts of an influenza pandemic. Start by looking through the Frequently asked questions and then browse the links listed in Additional resources.
- Discuss how you and your household would cope during an influenza pandemic.
- Identify key people you could turn to for help, and other people who might need your help.
- Keep a list of important phone numbers, home and e‐mail addresses so that you can keep in touch.
- Learn about seasonal influenza as this will also help you and your family during an influenza pandemic.
During a severe pandemic you may have limited access to food, water and essential supplies.
- Prepare a home emergency kit and ensure you have adequate supplies in your pantry to help you meet the needs of your family for up to 14 days. For further advice view Emergency Kit and Emergency pantry list
- if you can’t manage to store supplies for 14 days, try to aim for at least 4-5 days of supplies.