The Privacy Information Leaflet for Staff summarises the key requirements for NSW Health staff with regards to their obligations under the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002. The leaflet is a quick reference to the Privacy Manual for Health Information for staff.
The leaflet explains what staff need to do with regards to:
- collecting personal health information from patients
- when to collect consent from patients regarding information sharing
- when use and disclosure of personal health information is permitted
- what staff obligations are to keep personal health information secure
- what to do if an individual complains that a staff member has breached their privacy
- where to go and who to speak to for further information
It is recommended that all NSW Health staff familiarise themselves with the content of this leaflet.
Privacy Information Leaflet for Staff