Contact details for NSW

COVID-19 update for health professionals from NSW Cannabis Medicines Advisory Service (CMAS)

Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we request that NSW registered doctors and health professionals email NSW CMAS as the first point of contact. If a call back is required, please email your preferred contact number and call back time. Our inbox is being monitored by Service staff during business hours and we will endeavour to call enquirers back, where requested, within a business day.
For medical practitioner and other health practitioner enquiries about using a cannabis medicine to treat a patient, contact:
NSW Cannabis Medicines Advisory Service
Phone: (02) 4923 6200 (see COVID-19 update above)
For medical practitioner enquiries about authorisations to prescribe, contact:
Pharmaceutical Regulatory Unit, NSW Ministry of Health
Phone: (02) 9391 9944
For enquiries about NSW licences to manufacture and/or supply cannabis medicines by wholesale:
For patients and members of the public, visit the Centre for Medicinal Cannabis Research and Innovation website or call the Cannabis Medicines help line (toll free within Australia) on 1800 217 257.
Information on clinical trials in NSW can be found on the Centre for Medicinal Cannabis Research and Innovation website.

Contact details for Commonwealth

For enquiries relating to the importation, cultivation, production and manufacture of cannabis medicines, contact:
The Office of Drug Control
Phone: (02) 6232 8433 for general enquiries regarding the cultivation of medicinal cannabis.
Phone: (02) 6232 8648 for enquiries relating to completing a medicinal cannabis manufacturing or import licence/permit application.
Phone: (02) 6232 8740 for all other enquiries.
For enquiries relating to products not approved for use in Australia, contact:
Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
Phone: (02) 6232 8106 or email for enquiries about clinical trials.
Phone: (02) 6232 8644 or email for enquiries about the Special Access Scheme.
Phone: (02) 6232 8866 for enquiries about the Authorised Prescriber Scheme.
Current as at: Friday 17 April 2020
Contact page owner: Pharmaceutical Services