Osteoporosis is a chronic disease that reduces bone density and strength causing ongoing pain, reduced mobility, loss of function and a lower quality of life.
Clinicians developed the osteoporosis re-fracture prevention initiative to:
- present a coordinated approach to prevent subsequent re-fracture
- ensure that all patients who require the service are identified during their admission
- offer health education, ongoing review and self-management advice to support the patient with their bone health
- facilitate access to local services to suit patients’ individual needs
- initiate early access to investigations, support and treatment.
Visit the Agency for Clinical Innovation for more information.