This initiative is for people with end stage kidney disease.
Clinicians developed the renal supportive care initiative to:
- provide additional treatment and support for symptom management and suffering for patients who:
- choose renal replacement therapy (dialysis or transplant) or conservative medical management of their kidney disease
- are withdrawing from dialysis
- provide comprehensive care that helps people to live as well as possible with their kidney disease – including supporting patients to receive care close to where they live (depending on their medical and social circumstances)
- provide support to their families and carers
- assist with Advance Care Planning and bereavement support.
Visit the Agency for Clinical Innovation
for more information.