Adahps (formally the AIDS Dementia and HIV Psychiatry Service) provides a range of services to assist people who have HIV related cognitive impairment and complex health needs. It's confidential service for NSW residents and it's free.

Our services

Neuropsychological assessment

A neuropsychological assessment can often detect cognitive impairment and the cause of symptoms.

Case management

Some people with HIV need support to overcome health and other issues. Our case managers can provide a range of support based on your needs.

Specialist medical assessment

Our team can arrange for our clients to have specialist medical assessment from, but not limited to: the HIV Neurologist and Neuropsychologist at St Vincent’s Hospital and the HIV Liaison Psychiatry and Immunology Departments at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.

Brokered care

We can fund care workers for people who need support to live as independently and be as healthy as possible.

NSW HIV Supported Accommodation Program

Affordable short to medium term housing for people with HIV who are unable to live independently. 

Persons in Custody HIV Referral Project (PICS)

This project is a partnership between Adahps and Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network. Justice Health obtain consent from patients living with HIV and generates the referral to us. Adahps refers the patient to an HIV treatment service in the area where the patient plans to live, in NSW, after release. 

HIV Alcohol and Other Drugs Integrated Care Program

Provides accommodation and support to people with HIV, alcohol and other drug issues and another complex issue who are homeless. For more information visit the Haymarket Foundation

Peer support and education

Our team has expertise in a range of areas including: HIV, psychiatric nursing, alcohol and other drugs, clinical psychology and neuropsychology, social work and counselling, accommodation and working with individuals with complex and challenging medical and social needs. We are happy to share our skill and experience by providing education and training along with assistance developing and implementing a treatment, care or support plan.

​​Raise concerns about your health

If you or someone you care for wants to raise a concern about your health, you can call the services listed on your  Emergency Plan. Talk to your Adahps worker about the plan or download it and add your own contacts.


Current as at: Thursday 1 July 2021
Contact page owner: Centre for Population Health