Here you will find information on how to prepare for and stay healthy in the heat, how to recognise and treat heat related illness, and how to care for people who are at risk of heat-related illness.
Heat waves or long periods of extreme heat can have serious impacts on people's health. Planning ahead and being prepared for extreme heat is important and this website will help you prepare for hot weather.
You are invited to learn more about heat waves and how to beat the heat by clicking on the links below.
- Your health in hot weather
- How to prepare for a heat wave
- How to stay healthy in the heat
- Heat related illness
- Information for carers
- Information for health professionals
- Aboriginal families
- Resources and information in other languages
- Urine colour chart
Remember the 4 key messages to keep you & others healthy in the heat: