To reduce hepatitis C infections in NSW and improve the health outcomes of people living with hepatitis C in NSW,
the NSW Hepatitis C Strategy 2014-2020 outlines two targets to be achieved by 2020:
- reduce sharing of injecting equipment among people who inject drugs by 25% and
- increase the number of people accessing hepatitis C treatment in NSW by 100%.
To achieve these targets the Hepatitis C Strategy identifies these key actions:
- building on established hepatitis C prevention efforts
- improving management of chronic hepatitis C and
- improving access to hepatitis C treatment.