NSW Health offers a range of scholarships to support NSW Health staff and students studying health degrees. Some of these scholarships are specifically targeted at those living and working in rural and regional areas to support and develop the local workforce. Read more about scholarships and grants available below.
Nursing and midwifery scholarships
The Nursing and Midwifery Office offer scholarships and financial assistance programs to support nurses, midwives and nursing and midwifery students. Some of these are targeted at supporting rural health professionals and some are available to all.
- Aboriginal cadetships and scholarships
- enrolled nurse and undergraduate scholarships and grants
- postgraduate and career development scholarships
- re-entry to nursing or midwifery scholarships.
For more information and to apply for these scholarships please visit Nursing and midwifery scholarships and financial assistance.
Rural education scholarships
The Health Education and Training Institute (HETI) offer scholarships and grants aiming to provide equal access to education in areas of need.
Scholarships are available annually for a range of professional groups including:
- scholarships for medical trainees in rural and remote areas
- scholarships to eligible NSW rural vocational and prevocational medical trainees undertaking metropolitan training
- scholarships to support the training of Allied Health Assistants and Pharmacy Assistants and Technicians
- scholarships for Mental Health education and training
- scholarship to support rural Allied Health professionals complete postgraduate training.
Rural scholarships are targeted to those living and working in rural/regional areas to support and develop the local nursing and midwifery workforce. For more information and to apply for these scholarships please
visit the HETI website.
Scholarships from other organisations
There are many other organisations who offer support and funding to rural health professionals and individuals studying or training to become a health professional. The following scholarships are not administered by NSW Health. Please contact the organisations you're interested in to find out more.
The NSW Rural Doctors Network: