Applications close 15 February 2019
About the scholarship
Scholarships of up to $1,000 per subject are available for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery in 2019.
This scholarship is for 2019 only. Re-application for a scholarship is required each year.
Applicants must be:
- an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- known and accepted in the community in which you live or have lived
- a resident of NSW
- enrolled in an Australian Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery degree in 2019
- willing to participate in an evaluation or telephone survey about the Aboriginal scholarships program.
Scholarships will not be provided to any applicant undertaking a NSW Health Aboriginal Nursing and Midwifery Cadetship.
Preparing your application
As part of the application, applicants must complete an online application and provide:
- confirmation of Aboriginality (for more information please refer to the frequently asked questions)
- official confirmation of enrolment in an Australian undergraduate nursing or midwifery course in 2019 that is accredited under the NSW Higher Education Act (2001). This document must include:
If your enrolment confirmation is unavailable at the time of application, please forward your enrolment confirmation as soon as possible so that your application can be progressed. Generic information about course subjects will not be accepted.
- your name
- the name of the course
- the year of study
- a list of the subjects you have enrolled in for 2019
- an essay of no more than 500 words explaining:
- why you want to pursue nursing or midwifery as a career
- why is it important to have Aboriginal people working as nurses or midwives
- how this scholarship will assist you in completing your undergraduate nursing or midwifery studies
- a copy of results, if you have previously received an undergraduate scholarship from the NSW Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Fund.
For more information, see the frequently asked questions, email MOH-AboriginalNursing@health.nsw.gov.au or phone 1800 155 325.