As per the NSW Health Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled Nurse) scholarship conditions from January 2016, scholarship recipients are eligible for reimbursement of the student fee (paid or deferred) once the following requirements are met:
- Successful completion of the Diploma of Nursing
- Registration as an enrolled nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) though the Australian Health Professional Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Employment as an enrolled nurse within NSW Health for a minimum of 12 months at a minimum of 2 shifts per week (commenced within 2 years of the date you started the Diploma)
When the above requirements are met and you are ready to apply for your scholarship reimbursement, please contact the Nursing and Midwifery Office (NaMO) via MOH-Nurse@health.nsw.gov.au, request reimbursement and attach to the email:
- Documented evidence of the student fee paid or associated VET Student Loan debt accrued. Acceptable evidence includes your itemised receipt, or Commonwealth Assistance Notice, from the education provider, or VET Student Loan statement identifying Diploma of Nursing student fee.
- Evidence from your employer of the duration and the basis of your employment. Acceptable evidence includes correspondence or documentation from your line manager (NUM), or the local workforce/human resources department. A print screen of your position history from Stafflink may also be acceptable, but you should contact NaMO for more information.
- Banking details to arrange your payment. To action this payment we require your bank details. A form will be emailed to you on receipt of the above information.
Once your reimbursement eligibilty is confirmed by NaMO, the payment process will commence. Your reimbursement and a confirmation email can generally take between 4-6 weeks to reach your account.
If you have any questions pleae contact MOH-Nurse@health.nsw.gov.au or call 9391 9528.