Walking with Carers is an information resource to support the many carers in NSW providing care and support to family members and friends who have disability, mental illness, a chronic condition, terminal illness or who are frail.
It provides a range of useful information, advice and contacts to assist carers including:
- their rights within NSW Health care system
- the location of acute and community health services
- information on availability of payments and allowances
- contact details for Commonwealth Respite and Carelink centres
- tips for working carers, young carers and Aboriginal carers and
- information and tips for carers on looking after themselves.