The review of seclusion, restraint and observation of consumers with a mental illness in NSW Health facilities conducted community consultations. These consultations were for consumers of mental health services, their families and friends and members of the community. They were an opportunity for people to share their stories and ideas, but as a whole of system review, did not investigate particular incidents or services.
If you have a specific concern about the quality of the health care provided to you or a family member or friend you can contact the Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC) on 1800 043 159.
The consultations were held during August and September 2017 in ten locations across NSW (Coffs Harbour, Lismore, Mascot, Newcastle, Orange, Queanbeyan, Sydney CBD, Wagga Wagga, Western Sydney and Wollongong).
- Orange - 8 August 2017
- Wollongong - 10 August 2017
- Newcastle - 14 August 2017
- Sydney CBD - 16 August 2017
- Mascot - 23 August 2017
- Western Sydney - 28 August 2017
- Lismore - 12 September 2017
- Coffs Harbour - 13 September 2017
- Wagga Wagga - 19 September 2017
- Queanbeyan - 20 September 2017
Members of the local health districts and specialty health networks were at the consultations.