NSW Health provides technical advice to other state agencies responding to chemical contamination and pollution incidents. Highlights included:
- a prolonged smoke exposure from a fire in a waste recovery facility
- management of a legacy asbestos sites
- public health advice to improve the management of contaminated sites
- working closely with the EPA and other government agencies to address the public health issues associated with identified per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) contaminated sites
- collaboration with the Poisons Information Centre and NSW Fair Trading to analyse exposure to button batteries to facilitate prevention strategies.